Monday, March 16, 2009
As other updates. We are still moving to Idaho. we found a p0lace in Idaho Falls that we like alot. for a three bedroom two bath up there is cheaper than our current one bedroom one bath. me and becca are both getting excited to move. well there isn't much else to report.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Becca has been doing well in school. She just took her first benchmark and recieved the highest score in the whole school. She hopfully will be able to find some specialtiy dentist up in Idaho that she can work for.
well i can't think of much else so until next month.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Monday, December 8, 2008
2. Real tree or Artificial? Fake tree, but that might be because i have never had a real one
3. When do you put up the tree? Shortly after thankgiving time if we are lucky
4. When do you take the tree down? when i get sick of it
5. Do you like eggnog? Heck no!!!! it feels like rotten milk.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, Legos, and yes more Legos! I know. I am still a kid.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Becca because she makes a list with pictures, the store to buy them at and so forth.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, Becca wants me to make her one.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail Christmas cards if I remember.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Getting emergency transferred into a spanish area three days before christmas out of my greenie area. it made all my presents go to my greenie area so i had no gifts on christmas. oh and i also didn't speak spanish at all.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story. "You'll shoot your eye out."
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Black Friday and get done before Dec 7th.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes but not telling which one
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Pumpkin cheesecake rolls.
16. Lights on the tree? White, but it was sure fun taking Grandma Carol's red and green lights and switching to blue and orange with Brock and Coleman when we were little. She wasn't too happy!
17. Favorite Christmas song? "O Holy Night". Me and Brock made a cd with 19 different versions of it.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? depends whose side of the family we are going to.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? If i think about it real hard
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have a winter moose. this year we hope to get some kind of star he can hold.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both. me and Becca are starting to open one gift on christmas eve. it is our christmas pajamas.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? stupid people that think it my fault that they waited until the last minute to ship a package to new york and it is going to cost them $150 to get it there before christmas. this was last year. he wouldn't leave the store so i had to call the cops on him.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? whatever color Becca decorates in.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? rolls and dad's Lemon Meringue pie
25. Favorite family Christmas tradition? Grandpa Rogers in his Santa suit with his sunglasses.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
2 c. flour, unsifted
2/3 c. unsweetened cocoa
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 2/3 c. less 1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. mayonnaise
1 1/3 c. water
Grease and flour two 9 inch pans. In medium bowl mix flour, cocoa, soda and powder. In large bowl mix on high eggs, sugar and vanilla for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy, scraping occasionally. Reduce to low and beat in mayonnaise until blended.
Add flour mixture alternately with water. Begin and end with flour (add flour in 4 parts). Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until pick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
1/3 c. butter, melted
1/3 c. cocoa
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. milk (more as needed)
Whisk together butter and cocoa. Add vanilla. Mix in powdered sugar gradually and alternately with milk. Frost cool cake. Garnish with grated chocolate, almonds, etc.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Sunday we decided to skip church and go to the zoo with them. we don't feel bad cause we hadn't seen them for almost a year. Charles and Juniper loved the snakes, lizards and crocidiles for some reason. They definitley didn't get thaat from the Rogers side. i got some really cute pics of both of them. hopefully i can remember to bring my camera to work so i can post them. monday Becca had to work so i cleaned the apartment waiting for Ned & Kristy's fam to come for the small BBQ we had at a park near my aparment in Midvale. it was fun except for the desert melted. oh well.
Becca is really enjoying her school. The only thing is she is very tired cause she works from 6:30 AM to 2:30 PM and then goes to school from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM. down in American Fork. She catches trax home from work, hurry and changes and then takes three different buses to get down there. I guess that is what we get for only having one car. well i can't think of anything else so see ya.